List of possible tax documents needed** for preparation of tax return:


Driver’s Licenses (taxpayer and spouse)

Copies of social security cards and birth certificates (new clients or dependents only)

W-2’s (all copies)

W-2G Gambling winnings

Voided check (for direct deposit of refund or debit of tax due)


1099-R Retirement distributions

Form 1098 Mortgage interest statement

Property tax payments

Form 1098-T Tuition statement from college student

Form 1099-B Proceeds from Broker (investment)

Form 1099-DIV dividends received

Form 1099-INT interest received

Traditional/Roth contributions/withdrawals

Form 1095-A Marketplace Health Insurance

Estimated tax payments made from prior year (fed, state and city)

Charitable contributions made (detail with receipts)


**This is a general list and is not all inclusive as each taxpayer’s situation is different.  You may call our office if you have questions.

© 2020 by Morgan Matthews Accounting & Tax, Inc.